Denim Bunting DIY
Well, who knew that No Sew Denim Bunting was so easy to make!
I visiting the studio of friend and sometime partner in crime Jennie Maizels for a brainstorming session last week, and came away with lots of inspiration, (and stuff from her store cupboard) – and decided to have a go at this super cute idea for upcycling old denim jeans, a Denim Bunting DIY which was pefectly timed for a street party.
And with lots of growing boys in the family, and the propensity to chopping the legs off the bottoms of their old jeans to make them last longer, we often have off cuts of denim we just don’t know what to go with – RB once made a little denim jacket for his ‘Doggy’ soft toy, but that’s another story.
Needless to say – if you want to have a bash at making this Denim Bunting DIY, all you need is:
- Cut the denim jeans off for a good length to leave them the perfect short length for the warmer weather, or, indeed buy some old jeans at a charity/ thrift store
- Cut open the denim and lay it flat
- Make a template, diamond shaped, which folds down to make the perfect bunting size for you
- Place the template on the denim, and fold over for cutting out
- Cut out several of these ‘diamonds
- Position the string across the centre of the ‘wrong’ side of the denim, leaving a good arms length at the start of the string to tie up when you hang the denim bunting later
- Glue and fold to adhere
- Move along the string, and REPEAT
- If you have patches, add these
- Job done!
- (oh, leave a good length of string each end to allow for tying to hang)
Do let us know if you have a go at making this – A No Sew Denim Bunting DIY that’s SO easy yet really effective – and if you get time, and have embroidery thread, you could even make these super pretty for a child’s nursery – what a sweet gift idea that would be!
Thanks for listening
Read about Jennie Maizels here:
If you’ve seen the PADDINGTON 2 film, you may like to voice your support for Jennie – as Studio Canal seem to have wronged her.
Comment on her instagram post to support HERE
And share her tweet HERE.