[ so good in every way ]
This fortnight the instagram photo challenge takes you outside… outside those doors and windows – with guest judge and sponsor Hannah Bullivant. (@hanbullivant pictured)
Hannah is a writer and stylist with a big love for nature and the changing seasons. She blogs at www.seedsandstitches.com and we are excited with this theme as we hope that it will encourage you to see beyond your four walls (and doors and windows) and get outside! The brief is to capture the enticing views from your window, or looking back at cool doors… go for it!
So whether it’s a country idyll, like Hannah’s photo here, or a door in urban decay, like this one from me (Ali, incredibusy, spotted on our Pokemon Go walk with the teenagers!)
… have fun, and most importantly, as a community, it’s so nice to add those tags and then click #sgiew_DoorsAndWindows and go looking for, liking and commenting on your fellow #sgiew IGers!
We asked Hannah to tell us more about herself and her own projects:
What is Stitch + Forage Hannah?
Stitch + Forage is a guide put together by writer and stylist Hannah Bullivant (that’s me) and Herbalist Natasha Richardson. It’s all about having a simple, joyful summer on a budget because we have a deep conviction that it’s not necessary to spend lots of money to make the sort of summer memories you’ll treasure for decades to come.
We want to inspire people to live the best summer they can, with whatever time and means they have, whether they’re planning to spend the whole summer wild camping in the mountains, or they’re a parent juggling work and childcare. We wrote this for anyone short on time and money who’d like to make the most of the natural beauty of Summer in a mindful and eco-friendly way. The guide is super practical and involves all sorts of links, how-tos, lists, and some beautifully illustrated printables. We have worked with some of our favourite people on the internet and are super proud of our contributor list- some of whom #SGIEW followers may recognise. @geoffreyandgrace @theforagedlife @me_and_orla @aplayfulday and @circleofpines
What’s involved Hannah?
I’m giving away one copy of Stitch + Forage as this month’s prize! here’s whats you get:
- Over 100 pages of inspiring features and beautiful photographs all showing the joy of a simple summer well lived.
- Practical features full of printables, lists and stockist info covering topics such as:
- The joy of a summer fire and how to build one
- How to survive Hayfever with Herbal Remedies
- The Simple Joy of Camping; both maximalist and minimalist
- A beginners guide to foraging, including a kit list
- A masterclass on the medicinal and health benefits of lots of summer herbs
- Tips on styling and preparing for a summer dinner party
- A guide/ love note to summer beers from the founder of craft brewery Boutilliers
- Simple, useful summer crafts including a summer wreath and no sew garden canopy
- Best of the summer’s flowers and vegetables
- Delicious, easy recipes for Seasonal Foods
- Practical tips on taking care of your skin in the sun
- Lots of ideas and strong encouragement to take time for you- an in depth meditation guide meditation to skin care
- The best holiday, garden and beach reads
- Simple, joyful ways to entertain kids with tons of fun and practical printables and lists.
- Ideas to have a more mindful, eco-summer
- The guide is delivered via a swishy magazine publishing platform. Its viewable online or can be downloaded as a PDF.
- Each module comes with it’s own video looking in detail at one or two of the features in that module.
Why have you put this together Hannah?
I’m passionate abut nature and the changing seasons and Natasha and I began talking about some ideas of how we could put it into some sort of publication combining her vast foraging and herb knowledge and my styling and motherhood experience. We came up with an idea of putting together an e course on embracing each season. It was also essential for us both that it encompassed living lightly too, and the ideas sort of flowed from there. We write this because this is our experience- we are both navigating summers in which we can’t afford big holidays, but where we want to slow down and embrace small joys- both of which happen to be very helpful in also being a little more eco conscious too.
We’ve also been working on “asoulfulsummerwithkids” this year, and this is available to purchase online too.
So for a chance to win a £30 www.stitchandforage.com Summer Guide join in with #sgiew theme over on instagram. Add the hashtags #sgiew and #sgiew_DoorsAndWindows and make sure to follow your hosts @incredibusy @redtedart @willowdaygram and our guest judge and sponsor @hanbullivant.
Check out the most recent #sgiew challenges:
x9 photographs will be selected 16 August, and one lucky winner will be announced by @sogoodineveryway