Newspaper Crafts Spirals – Penguin on a sledge
We really enjoyed making these skiing penguins – using newspaper coils – Learn how to roll the newspaper to create ‘sticks’ that you then coil to make the body of the penguin (or snowman!)
Take some old newspapers, and make them into something else!
A great upcycling project – we hope you enjoy this…
We made ours into Little Penguin (or is it Olaf the Snowman?!) Greetings Cards, using these newspaper crafts spirals – which were created by making LONG newspaper straws and rolling them to create a FREE craft material!
How super cute is the penguin on the sledge?! Newspaper Crafts Spirals – how to make craft straws from newspapers, and create this fab Penguin Greetings Card!
You will need:
Old sheets of newspaper
Stronger glue, (maybe a glue gun – trying to find a more eco alternative…)
1) Roll the newspaper sheet diagonally from the corner, using the cocktail stick to get you started, so that the roll is nice and tight. When the cocktail stick starts to disappear inside the paper, gently pull it out, and continue to tightly roll the newspaper to create a long ‘stick’ – the first of MANY!
2) Flatten the ‘stick’ or ‘straw’ using a hard surface.
3) Taking your cocktail stick, start to roll the flattened ‘stick’ into a tight spiral, securing it with glue as you get to the end of the spiral.
4) Make the plaited scarf for the penguin to wear
5) Fold a ‘beak’ shape from orange or yellow paper
6) Assemble! we found that the glue gun was the best tool for this.
WATCH the video here…
PIN the image here:
MORE COOL Eco Crafts here…