Let’s talk period pants – How do WUKA period pants work? Constructed of leak proof layers, which prevent the blood from passing through the underwear, whilst allowing airflow, so they are breathable and prevent sweating.
These period pants could save you up to 50% by switching from disposables, diverting 200 disposables from landfill – environmentally a win-win!
Wash, Wear, Reuse.
Remember the ‘Tampon Tax’ debate?
Last week WUKA asked people to send an email to your MP asking them to consider period pants as an essential and sustainable option for periods.
As of today (27 Jan 2021) they have over 24 signatures of support from MPs all around the country and we ask that if you have not yet emailed your MP, please do so today.
1. Find your MP (use link here)
2. Email your MP (click here for the template)
3. Send a photo to @WUKAwear of their response
4. Receive a £5 WUKA voucher for kicking ass!
The success of this campaign will mean that your period pants are 20% cheaper!
More about the WUKA period pants
There are several WUKA (#wakeupkickass) styles to select from – the WUKA Ultimate™ Bikini – is made from organic cotton and are GOTs certified. This means that the cotton was grown without chemical pesticides, chemical fertilisers, GM seeds and therefore does not doesn’t destroy our ecosystems🌿
Organic cotton can actually be beneficial to the environment as it can improve soil quality and often uses less water than other fabrics. This material is also vegan and unlike wool, it’s easier to clean, dry and is softer to touch.
heavy flow, midi brief in small – for your friend 🙂
medium flow in organic AND medium flow in their new seamless design.
ABOUT WUKA SEAMLESS
WUKA Perform Seamless Midi Brief Flow: Light, Medium and Heavy
Style: Midi Brief
Size Range: 2XS – 4XL
Price: Heavy Flow £22.99, Medium £21.99, Light £19.99
Pack of 3 Heavy, Medium, Light (tba)
Pack of 5 Heavy, Medium, Light (tba)
- The seamless range is part of WUKA’s Perform collection and will be thinner in feel with subtle seams to ensure the Period Pants cannot be seen through clothing.
- The seamless range is made using Recycled Nylon ( Global Recycle Standard, GRS), an eco-friendly alternative to traditional nylon, using plastic rescued from our oceans. WUKA is the first-period underwear created using this material. WUKA period swimwear is in the same fabric.
- Good to know that WUKA Seamless feels incredibly smooth, silky and soft to the touch, which gently hugs the body with great elasticity. They feel luxurious on the skin.
- These WUKA Seamless is perfect for those on the go, living active lifestyles who wish to continue exercising and playing sport whilst they’re on their period. They sit secretly underneath gym clothing, ensuring a leak-proof workout.
- WUKA Seamless are not only great for plastic-free periods but also sweat-wicking and little leak proof.
So Do Period Pants work? Yes!
Give WUKA Award winning Period Pants a go. On a mission to replace single-use pads & tampons. Sustainable and Vegan 🌿 UK based brand founded by Ruby Raut.
Read about other plastic-free period solutions here
And about what you can do to protect the rivers and seas here
And do you know about Ella Daish and how she started the Plastic Free Period revolution – read here