Having a pet doesn’t need to cost the earth
How about this super cute DIY cat cave??
We’ve established that cats like to get inside boxes – seriously, a parcel arrives and guaranteed Kipper the kitten will try to climb inside, and we thought – how he would LOVE a DIY Cat Cave.
We have several boxes dotted around the house, and Kipper just climbs in and makes himself comfortable!
He has made a bit of a nuisance of himself at bed time – creeping into the boys’ bedrooms and pouncing on them in the night, so we decided to look into the DIY cat cave and maybe even making our own DIY felted cat cave using a time-consuming felting process – but BOY did that look labour-intensive – and I’m just a bit busy with other projects sadly – but we didn’t want to give up on the idea – instead we decided to improvise – what do you think?
Why do cats like boxes?
Want to know how to make one of these?
How to make a DIY cat cave
You will need
- an old sweater
- a cat sized box
- about five minutes!
- to study and share this blog post once you’ve made the DIY Cat Cave – and tag us on instagram to show us yours! (honestly, it’s almost impossible to catch the cat actually IN the box, on camera, but looks seriously cute right?!)
- take a box
- and an old sweater/jumper
- moth holes a bonus
- open the flaps of the box
- slide the jumper over the box
- so the open end lines up with the jumper neck
- position the sweater opening in the centre
- turn the box over
- tie the sweater sleeves in a first knot
- and tie the sweater sleeves in a second knot
- tuck the loose ends in under the sleeves
- ready for action
We popped an old T-shirt into the box to make a cosy cushion (a T-shirt that smells of his favourite human being) and in Kipper the Kitten climbed! et voila your DIY cat cave!
Thanks to Maggy Red Ted Art for saying ‘oh blog about that Ali’ – and having the best selection of DIY cat toys!
Read more about Kipper the kitten here: